Pods

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Scuba Ken, Nov 25, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

So I can see millions of what I believe are pods in my sump, which is 24 inches x 24 inches full of cheato algae and live rock.
    My question is, do they enter the DT from my sump/refugium through the return pump ?
    And am I ok for a mandarin now ? Would it be beneficial to introduce some other critters into the sump/refugium ? I have hermit crabs and snails in there now, should I be adding other types of pods or live food ? Shrimp ?

2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

yes

The idea of a refugium is it is a place for "refuge" from predators. If you want a mandarin, it would be good to have a place for pods to breed away from predators. Shrimp may eat pods, so, I wouldn't add them. You should not need to add anything else. You could if you wanted to, but then there's that saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

4. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I hear ya, I just thought I have a great big fuge, wouldn't it be nice to have it teaming with all sorts of life that could then go and feed my fish.