Pods without refugium

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Seabeast, Jun 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seabeast

Seabeast Flamingo Tongue

What is the best way to get pods without just a sump and no refugium if this is even possible?

2. Click Here!

3. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Live rock could have pods in them already.. if you are talking about introducing pods. Do it at night so they have a fighting chance.. and you would need some good amount of rock for them to hide in. Most LFS will selll bottles of pods.

4. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

If you build it they will come. Stack some rocks up in a pile in the coner of your tank and in time you will get them.

5. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

You may have to add a bottle every few weeks-month if you have dedicated pod eaters in your tank like mandarins. Pods without a fuge is like a snow hare in the middle of the black rock desert. Lunch.

6. Seabeast

Seabeast Flamingo Tongue

Well i havent set my tank up yet. and i dont plan on putting any fish in for a month or so. Could i put them in after the tank is done cycling and just let them grow for a while and get established?

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

yep! shouldn't take long with nothing to eat them

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

10. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

11. Seabeast

Seabeast Flamingo Tongue

How should i go about getting them into the dt? and how will i get them straight to the madarin before anything else goes after them?

12. Rebelsreef

Rebelsreef Astrea Snail

yeah it would be cool to put the pods in after cycleing on my 29g reef i put the pods in befor anything. and waited a few weeks then throug some lr in and in a nother 2-3 weeks you could see them all over the class now i have had my mandarin in there for the last 4 months. and hes lovin it