PLS-100 Tension Lock Mod Now Available

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 18, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

More news from CAD Lights Aquariums this week - a Tension Lock Mod shown below is now available for just $6.75 shipped. The Tension Lock Mod addresses a drift issue that may occur in their original PLS-100 skimmer. All new PLS-100 skimmers come complete with the new Tension Lock Mod. That affectively addresses my concern with the PLS-100 and I would certainly recommend it now if you are looking for a skimmer with an extremely small footprint (4.75" x 4.75") for your sump. More below.

[​IMG]

We now install all of the New PLS-100 original Pipeless protein skimmers with the new Tension-Locks. Also we now have them readily available for free for all of the current and previous PLS-100 owners to get on our site. the Tension-Lock is free, except for just the shipping and handling fee of $6.75.

It's simple to install. Once they get the tension lock which is actually a 2 piece fitting. you unscrew the bottom screw out, put the top fitting piece in place as shown in our picture, drill a small hole at where you want the tension lock to be and then simply screw it into place.

Then tighten or loosen the thumbscrew as you wish to add more or less tension to the turns. Most people may not need it as we only had complaints on areas with higher than normal vibrations, but for those who do have higher vibration levels, the new 2nd Gen tension lock will hold the setting.

My Review of the CAD Lights PLS-100 Pipeless Skimmer:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-radar/review-cad-lights-pipeless-skimmer-141898.html

CAD Lights Web site:
    CAD Lights, "Think outside the cube"

2. Click Here!

3. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

Just ordered mine,Cadlights replied to my email with the offer.I would call their customer service top notch.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great to hear. Let me know what you think of the skimmer with the new lock. I'd love to hear about it.

5. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Does anyone have a video about this tension lock?