Please !

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by oceansurf, Feb 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

Please help me. I am so confused.

Firstly I asked how often I should feed my fish. I got everything from once a week to 2 times per day. I have a 10 gallon reef tank.

I see all these beautiful pictures of established tanks. I've had mine for 2 years. It doesn't even come close. What am I doing wrong ?

Please. I need some help !

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Feed no more than the fish will eat in 1 to 2 minutes once a day to start. Monitor your parameters and adjust according to them and how your fish look. If your params are under control and your fish do not have hollow bellies you are feeding properly.

4. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

How about a pic and what kind of lights / cuc do you have ?

5. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

there are many factors to your success. you should start with the begining, do you use tap water or RO/DI water? what kind of saltmix your using? your water parameters should be steady and constant. you don't want fluctuations in params so make sure your ammonia and nirtate don't spike up on you, What do you have in you tank? it could be overstocked, lighting and filtration are also important. so many things to consider...try and give us some history on your setup and your routine. how often do you do water changes...stuff like that.