Please help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 3lilbrats, Jan 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I'll make sure not to disturb anything and give it till saturday to come out of the hide out and if it doesn't I'll have to remove all my LR to get him out.

2. Click Here!

3. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

I have a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse which is very similar to your fish. They are usually timid for the first few days in the tank. I didn't see mine for 36 hours after I added him to the tank, so it's not unusual for them to hide. They also sleep in slime cocoons and discolor while they are sleeping. If he looks blotchy, that may be because he just woke up. Definitely keep up with the water changes and keep an eye on your parameters, but the behavior you are seeing may be normal.

1 person likes this.
  4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

The coloration is likely due to stress. Stop disturbing the fish. Don't go moving things around to find him; this will only exacerbate the situation.

He's either stressed due to your water parameters or due to another tankmate. The chromis is a bit suspect IMO, but anything is possible. Have you seen any of the tankmates bothering him?

1 person likes this.
  5. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I will not move anything yet and only moved the barnacle to make sure it was not dead. I just say that if by saturday or sunday I don't see it I'll have to remove my LR just in case it is dead(hopefully not) and if it still alive try to get him to the hospital tank for a close observation.

I did not see neither the chromis or the clown after it and at feeding time all ate on or around the same area, but again that's just when I'm home (I can't say for during the day)

Thank you for the advise!

6. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I feel better now that I know this may be normal. I was told that the wrasses are a lil delicate, is it rue? but this will teach me a lesson or two.

I still wont give up, there's still hope for me and my tank

7. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Wanted to say thank you one more time, this time for the link you have on your signature about wrasses. That's what I was looking for.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

:thumb_up:

10. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

Flasher wrasses aren't delicate but they need peaceful tank mates and time to settle in. If the ammonia readings are accurate, that would be tough on any fish. Just take your time, keep up with tank maintenance and hopefully things will work out.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  11. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

ok, so i got some salt today and check my params.

1st I have to say tat my salt is 1.025-1.026

PH is 7-8

ammonia is 0ppm (hooray)

nitrite is 0ppm

nitrate is 10-20ppm

you already know my test kit is API

I'll check my params again tomorrow and do another water change if I need to.

oh, I added some seachem stability yesterday and today and some voogle as well

I did no see the wrasse at all and neither did my wife while I was at work

12. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster