Please help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 3lilbrats, Jan 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Thanks for the kinds words.

I took the barnacle cluster and the fish its alert. colors are way off(kind of like the same day I brought it home) it came out of the hide out and into another
    but a worst one cause know is under the rocks.

FYI im testing now

2. Click Here!

3. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

can i and should i use voogle?

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

never heard of it!

5. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

6. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

ok, so I did another test and I'll have to double check at LFS my findings tomorrow.

PH 8.0

ammonia is def .25

NO2 0ppm

NO3 went up to somewhere between 40 and 80 ppm

I want to bang my head on the concrete

7. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

What test kit are you using? I know this is going to be very hard for you to do but....Don't Panic! We've all been exactly where you are. Sometimes it's just the FISH and nothing you did or didn't do ;) from what I've read so far your doing great, ok?
    Don't make any big changes! Do your water change as normal. Don't over feed. Fish can go as long as a week without food before showing ill health. So him not eating for a couple days is not really a big deal, he'll settle in.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Thanks for the confidence bosster(I needed it)

I will keep an eye and I wont feed today since yesterday they had a whole cube of froze mysis(thawed out) and will do my water change as soon I get home from fork.

I will get some kent garlic guard while I'm at it and see if I find the selcom. I did dose some voogle last night sisnce is a immune system booster and I'm got enough for one more dose.

I hope that by the time I get home it's not hidding anymore because I always fear for the worst(just my nature) and I will make sure my hospital tank is running just in case.

FYI, I'm not ready to fail yet, I'm not a quiter and will do all I can to make sure my system is healthier.

10. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

I would just like to reiterate, assuming your test kit is correct (I hope it is not) your Ammonia needs to be 0. Hopefully your water change will help. But keep an eye on it, elevated levels of ammonia are harmful to fishes.

1 person likes this.
  11. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

Ihear you, and I'm going to do it today.

I have an API saltwater kit and the lot ends on 011(I guess thats the date) wrote down 0-.25 because like most of you know the color on the kits are crap and I guess I also was holding the tube too close (or too far?) from the chart(GOD, I hate test kits)

I'm looking on getting new kits as well so I have 2 and can compare one to the other.

hope that helps you guys some more and I hope water change helps me and my fish.

did I mention he's my fave this far?

12. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

I think the water change will help out a lot. Test kits are real funky. Try not to disturb the scape too much and add more stress to the little guy. Good Luck!