Please help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 3lilbrats, Jan 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

ohhhh, sorry, I walked away from comp and came back not looking at time,

so when should I'll be worry about nitrate?

I placed it on a bucket with water from LFS and drip the water using the airline method until for about 2 hrs. the LFS told me to make sure the salinity was very close to my DT because he keeps his lower to prevent diseases. I waited until the temp and the salinity was as close as possible

2. Click Here!

3. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

garlic?

I got mysis since the LFS would not let it go without it.

I have to say that the only store open is PETCO

4. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Well, that's a good way to acclimate a locally bought fish, so I'm pretty stumped. Having been in there for 2 days already, not sure what the issue could be. There are lots of other factors you don't know, though, like how they acclimated it, its general health before you got it, how it was caught (cyanide comes to mind), and many other variables. Was it eating ok since Saturday? Could it maybe have scared itself jumping and hitting something above the tank (our coris wrasse does that sometimes), or maybe it's just resting. Has it been flashing a lot, like maybe to the other fish or its reflection?

5. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I know it was at the LFS for more than a week, it was eating good at the store and here at home till today. I did notice he was making some type of web every time it hide.

it only flashed the day after it was put in the tank

I have to mention that during the aclamation process the only lights near were the T5's so the room was very dim. and I placed him in by the lights were going off for the day to minimize stress (or so I was thinking)

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Garlic extract, soak some food it in, it stimulates their appetite! Hopefully he just got spooked today by something!

7. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

can I use some voogle?

8. Click Here!

9. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

Was your ammonia reading a typo? It should be 0.

10. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

it as between o and 0.25 which it was weird because it's been at 0 since before my clown came home.

11. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I'll test now since my nearest PETCO change closing time and I was not going to make it on time. I will just pray and hope the fish keeps kicking till tomorrow.
    I hate being a newbie, making mistakes and not having a MENTOR

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

we all make them, prob won't be your last! Fish are weird! Keep an eye on him and maybe wet up a hospital tank tomorrow when you get your salt!