Please help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 3lilbrats, Jan 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

:worried2: I got a carpenter's flasher/fairy wrasse on saturday and for the first 2 days it was doing good. Now it does not want to eat and it'sface is kind of blue. he's hidding iside my barnacle cluster. what should I do. i can't take a picture where he is now. I don't want to loose him. my other fish are fne.

2. Click Here!

3. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

more info please!
    tank size
    params
    other fish
    etc

1 person likes this.
  5. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

is a 60 gal cube, the params where good as of SAT with the exception of my NO3 which it was a lil at about 20ppm. temp is 78. I got to blue/green chromis, black and white clown and the wrasse.

I know I have to do a water change and I'm on my way to the only place open that has salt cause I ran out (i know, I know I should have that always on check) I'm already making my newbie mistakes.

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

7 minutes isn't very long to wait for a response!
    As cosmo said, more info is needed.

Tank size & how long it has been running (and how you cycled would be helpful).
    Equipment being used.
    Other tank inhabitants.
    How you acclimated the fish & whether it was bought locally or on-line.
    What your main parameters are: ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH.

1 person likes this.
  7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

from liveaquaria:
    The Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse requires a 50 gallon or larger aquarium with a tight-fitting lid since it is a jumper. A grouping is acceptable and often recommended, since the females will encourage the male to perform colorful displays. The females should be introduced into the tank first. It is often harassed by other fish so the Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse should be the first species introduced into the aquarium. It is best to keep it with peaceful tank mates.

It may just be shy or 1 of the other guys kicked him out of their turf!

Like Sushi said, how old is the tank, how long has the cycle been done, and how long have the other fish been in there?

8. Click Here!

9. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

tank size=60 gal

stablished =nov/9/11

clicle with live sand and live rock for couple of weeks and then the 2 chromis for about two more weeks before the clown came home.

I have about 40-50 lbs of live sand and about 110 lbs f live rock

ph was 8.0

amonia was o-.25ppm

no2 was 0

no3 was about 20 ppm after I got the fish and store was close

I have a 200 watts aqueon pro heater, 1 koralia evo 1050, a HOB 300 gal filter and an aquaticlife double T5

I know I have to do the water change, I think that may be the problem

and it has been more than 7 minutes and still not eating, my wife said the wrasse has not come out of the hideout at all today

10. 3lilbrats

3lilbrats Feather Duster

I doubt that the clown got to it and that wont explain the discoloration on its face. the fish was a the LFS for more than a week before I got it

11. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

The 7 minutes I was referring to was your first 2 posts were only 7 minutes apart. Today at 6:52 PM and 7:00 PM.

20 ppm nitrate shouldn't be causing fish death.

How did you acclimate the wrasse?

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

it may be Ich or something else brought on by the stress of the move! Maybe pickup some garlic and selcon while you're getting your salt! soak some mysis in garlic and selcon and try to target feed it!

While you're getting the salt get a piece of solid airline tubing, a few inches of regular airling tubing and a syringe to make a cheap target feeder!

Alot of fish change their colors depeding on mood etc!