PLEASE Help me install my VHO bulbs

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by FizNid, Oct 5, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FizNid

FizNid Plankton

Ok I searched and cannot find this.. sorry if I am overlooking it. I have a new mh/vho light for my aqurium. It has hqi mh bulbs and vho actinics. The vho ends are just like little caps on a wire(sorta like 9 volt battery connectors) and I don't know if I am installing them correctly. Do I just push them on the prongs on the vho bulbs? Do they go a certain way? Also do they have to be all the way down on the prongs? They are almost impossible to get on. I don't want to blow my light up so any help woudl be nice. Also do you install the hqi bulbs any certain way? Thanks and please help.

Thanks

FizNid

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry, missed this thread. I don't have VHO experience, what did you find out?

4. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Sorry I missed this thread too. I don't know anything about the end caps you are describing. I believe that the HQI shouldn't be handled by hand. They are like halogen bulbs, the oil on your hands will heat up with the light and cause the bulb to explode. This is what I have heard and is not from personal experience.

Good luck with your tanning machine ;D

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Some say to put the nipple end up for HQI bulbs. AS for the VHO, they can enter the pin config in any rotation, but, if the bulb has an internal reflector (URI bulbs do), you need to put the refective side up. When wiring the end caps, if you have to, make sure the stripped ends aren't too long. There should be a stripe gauge included in nthe instructions (if it requires wiring).