Please Help! I NEED to know what to do :(

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Kevin3884, Aug 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I think my regal tang has come down with black ich...being that black ich is actually a worm and not like white ich crypto at all I was wondering if my regal stays healthy and continues to eat will she eventually fight off the black ich the same way she could the crypto? Or do I def. need to catch her and give her some treatment...i just dont wanna stress her more than she needs to be...PLEASE let me know...I need an abundance of opinions so i can make my decision on what i need to do ASAP....
    I am soaking all the food for the tank in garlic...I am keeping garlic soaked Nori and other seaweed in the tank at all times for grazing, and I have started to feed the tank more than usual to up the feedings to keep her healthy...she is active and eating great...She is also letting the cleaner wrasse do his thing...but she is scraping on a old conch shell every once in a while too....i just want my tang to get thru this i love my fish and this is terrible to watch....Oh and no other tank mates have "gotten" it yet either.

Will black ich pass like crypto tho...because I havea 125g mixed reef (over 200lbs of live rock) and that fish isnt dumb enough to just get caught...i think chasing it around the tank or trying to trap it might stress the other fish into submission of the ich...and cause a whole tank outbreak...if it will pass on its own (if the fish stays healthy) thats the route I would rather take...but I havent been able to find ANYTHING on whether it will be able to get over it like crypto or not....

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

im not sure
    update on the fish ill try to get more people to here who migh have answers
    best luck, Griffin

4. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

5. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

Freshwater dips are very affective for black ich. After just one dip with my yellow tang and melafix it was gone and has not returned. +1 on the other post

6. Kevin3884

Well being that only 1 person gave their opinion i figured i might have been in the wrong thread...so I decided to try the disease thread to see if I could get more opinions...the fish still has the ich..i did a freashwater dip yesterday for 5 minutes..she doesnt look any better today...

7. Kevin3884

More people gave their opinion on it now..but it took a long time for it being an ASAP thread :(

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Most people have never dealt with black ich so they don't know how to help you.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kevin3884

Well I guess that makes me lucky then...kidding of course...but thank you for your opinion inwall K+