Urgent please help i need answers

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ReefMan17, Sep 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefMan17

ReefMan17 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

:(:confused: i just recently re started my tank 4-5 days ago i put some reef saver rock from bulk reef supply and i just bought a tomato clown and a triggerfish since my local saltwater aquarium store it was ok i properly acclimated them with a airline tube and a drip valve to 2-3 drops a second for an hour an a half i put them in and attomataclly my trigger went straight to the bottom next to the rock and my clown is kinda swimming around peaking his head out of the water now my trigger is hidding under neath rock they have been doing this for close to an hour please help what should i do

2. Click Here!

3. reefgirl16

reefgirl16 Feather Duster

Sounds like what my royal gamma basselt did win i first got it. Turn out the lights on the aquarium and get room as dark as possible. He should be better by morning, can't promise that each fish handels stress differently

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Yes he just need to acclimate to your tank you should deff turn off the lights he will get better in a few days. Dont try to move him or feed or anything just yet that could further stress him. Hope this helps

5. ReefMan17

should i try to feed them in the morn

6. leighton1245

Yes i would do you know what your LFS was feeding your trigger and clown? I assume seaweed for the trigger and flakes for the clown?

7. ReefMan17

i threw out my frozen mysis shrimp when i started redoing my tank he sold me a pellet type dry food with garlic thats as far as i know

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

How long ago did you restart your tank? Was the new rock dry or live? Do you have any other livestock in the tank? Did you test your water before adding the clown and trigger? What are your parameters?

1 person likes this.
  10. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You re-started your tank 4-5 days ago?

Re-started from what?

Do you have current values for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates?

How big is this tank?

1 person likes this.
  11. leighton1245

that should work the garlic will entice both of them to eat, i use frozen food/seaweed only in my tank all my fish love it.

12. reefgirl16

reefgirl16 Feather Duster

Personally i wouldn't have thrown out the shrimp unless it was going bad, all my fish love the mysis shrimp