please help dr tim

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by richiero, Feb 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. richiero

richiero Plankton

hello dr tim maybe you can help me out here, i am fighting cyano outbreak for the last 3 weeks, i am using your waste away product and your eco balance as directed. i have a 75 gallon tank with about 70 gallons of total water thats including a 30 gal sump... i run phosban and carbon.. i only have 4 fish a blood shrimp and snails. i don't over feed either. my water temp is 78 my ph ranges from 8.19 to 8.29, my no3 is 0.5 ppm and i get no readings on phosphate. cal is 450 and alk is 8.5-9. please help...

2. Click Here!

3. DrTim

DrTim 3reef Sponsor

Have you been turning the skimmer off for 6 to 8 hours after adding the waste-away/eco-balance? There must be something else happening in your tank - what happened before the cyano out-break?

4. richiero

richiero Plankton

yes i have i found it, there were some pockets of detritus in the sump..... i was using the waste away and eco, i though i didn't have to siphon my sump and the such b/c the waste away was breaking down the detritus for me :). so i cleaned out my sump and turned my lights off for three days and treated with your good stuff, i will keep you posted on the out come right now after three day i don't see any cyano...

thx dr tim