Resolved Please help!! All my fish are getting sick!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well my male clown now has lympho. He's got 3 bumps on his side. :( Ugh, this is just so frustrating! Everyone is still eating (except one anthias who hasn't eaten in several days), so I'm hoping for the best.

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Just thought I would update in case anyone else has this happens to them. I ran a water sample and picture up to my LFS. The water was good. Alk was a little low and phosphates are a tiny bit elevated, but nothing to worry about.

He looked at the picture of the anthias and definitely thought it looked like Lymphocystis. I described what it looks like on the other fish and he thought that also sounded like lympho. He is amazed at how fast it is spreading since it usually isn't super contagious. Joy! Maybe I have some super strain or something. That would be just my luck!

Anyway, nothing I can do for it except to keep the water parameters good and the fish eating. Just makes me sad to see a new fish infected every day :(

4. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Actually KC, I remember reading that lympho is indeed contagious. Maybe you are spreading faster than average, but this is similar to most other fish diseases in that it will spread to any and possibly all fish. Our tanks are a very encapsulated environment.

I wish you the best of luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

It definitely is contagious, but usually doesn't spread so fast is what he said. But whatever, the faster it spreads, the faster it can leave, right?! Lol

Thanks and thanks for all your help earlier! I will keep you all updated!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Thx for the update KC, well you're thinking positive with the "faster it spreads, the faster it goes" I agree, I hope it runs it course quickly and everyone bounces back. You've done all the right things, we're all rooting for the fishies to make a quick recovery!

1 person likes this.
  7. hardyreef

hardyreef Flamingo Tongue

Let em' die just kidding i had the same problem with my tank. I lost $120 in fish in under a week

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Ugh, bummer! Well I'm hoping mine don't die!

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Update for today: my male clown has it pretty bad. Both his sides and head have pink-ish wart like bumps. He is still eating though and acting normal.

The anthias looks the same, and the female flame actually looks a little better today!

11. divott

divott Giant Squid

how do they look today kacy?

edit: lol, beat me by that much

1 person likes this.
  12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

lol just beat ya to it! Look above. :)

1 person likes this.