Resolved Please help!! All my fish are getting sick!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Here are some pics. Not the best, she won't stop moving. Please ignore the dirty glass, I did a WC late last night and was in no mood to clean it. The white looks like cottage cheese. The last two pics are the best.

I figured the wrasses were getting whatever the anthias has...but I guess it could be two different diseases. Just thought it was the same since the wrasses got sick a few days after the sick anthias entered the tank.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

That's true. The wrasses are in an earlier stage, so it could look different. I actually hope its lymph. From reading on the internet it is a self-limiting virus that goes away on its own after like a month or so. Fungus is basically impossible to treat.

Good point.

I'll Google MV and see what it looks like.

4. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

The lymph is also not treatable and will have to run its course, however, you want to guard against any secondary infections. My LFS had a fish that had lymph (he wasnt for sale). I watched him go from looking pretty bad to recovering several weeks later.

+1 with Guitarman about not quarantining at this point. One of the things to avoid with lymph is stress.....

1 person likes this.
  5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well, thanks so much for your help. I still don't really know what to do, lol but at least I know what the disease might be.

I'll do frequent and large water changes, hope they keep eating, and maybe put some Melafix in the water.

6. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I'm glad you're starting to get more info on what they have. At least knowing what is going on will give you some hope and encouragment that they will be ok in time.

Feel better KC, you're such an asset to 3reef, I hope we can all help you in your time of need as you have helped so many of us!

1 person likes this.
  7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Awww thank you! That made me feel better :)

I'll keep you all posted on how the fish are doing.

8. Click Here!

9. blumoon reefers

Glad we could help. I am very attached to my fish and most of my friends/family will tell you that I take better care of the than I do humans....LOL! However, just like with a child and an emergency, the key is to take a deep breath and just try to figure out the best way to help. Sometimes doing things with a knee jerk reaction can be more of a hindrance. You are a very responsible fishkeeper and I am sure will research this and can help the next person who has similar symptoms.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I know. None of my friends really understand why I'm so upset about this, so I have no one to vent to! Being able to come on here and vent and ask questions is so helpful. My fish are so important to me! I put a lot of time and care into the tank - it's just so upsetting when things go wrong.

11. blumoon reefers

Yeah, my friends don't really understand how attached I am to my fish tank. My family didnt either until I got my brother into the SW hobby....and got my dad a FW tank.....

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Update: It's now on my pygmy angel's fin. I'm off the the LFS to ask the owner's opinion and see what he says.