Resolved Please help!! All my fish are getting sick!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ultraner

Ultraner Purple Spiny Lobster

Dang KC I'm sorry to hear this. I hope everything bounces back!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Oh ya. I was going to order some and it was like $45 just for shipping.
    Found it at a store about 20 miles from here and drove to get it.

Good to hear she is eating. Sorry about the ich. Man you cant catch a break on these guys. :(

1 person likes this.
  4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Basically the anthias brought all this junk into my tank. I was so proud that I didn't have any ich. Grrrrrr.

I did a big water change on Monday night, so maybe that will help a little. It's so frustrating. One day they look better, and the next they have ich. They are all still eating very well though.

5. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

LOVE the new avatar! :)

Im so glad to hear that the one fish is finally eating! that is wonderful news.
    You WILL win this battle. stay the course!

what a relief to have the fish eating though. That is a triumph you should be proud of.

hang in there!

elizabeth

1 person likes this.
  6. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Lol I just saw the Avatar. Little hippie chick now? :)

1 person likes this.
  7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Haha thanks! Lol It's a joke for Bama - I'll see how long it takes him to notice.

I am very happy they are all eating well. That's a relief. But it's just never ending! When I was doing my water change Rex (red velvet wrasse) and Ahi (Flame wrasse) got into an epic battle that lasted like 10 minutes. Nothing I did would get them to stop...so I'm sure that didn't help with the stress and the ich. Grrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Oh, I saw, I was just going to keep my mouth quiet on this one..

Flower Child!

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

So update: The lympho looks better!! The blobs on the anthias' tail are smaller and no one else seems to have contracted the virus.

The bad news: Nasty ich is now going around the tank. The anthias also brought this in. Grrrr. I was so proud of my ich-free tank! Pablo (male clown) has it really bad, but he's still eating. Male flame wrasse has it, and one of the anthias keeps wacking herself up against things.

My female flame wrasse had it, but looks ich free for now, as does my red velvet wrasse and female clown.

Hopefully this will "go away" on its own!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  11. divott

divott Giant Squid

im pulling for you kacy. since most are eating and swimming fine, and get over the lympho , it could be a really good sign.

1 person likes this.
  12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well good news! The lympho seems to have left the tank! It did not spread to any other fish - it was only the anthias that had it. Early on I thought it had spread to other fish, but that ended up being ich or something. Still not great, but typical tank stuff.

So, everyone made it through and is doing well! I am happy to report that lymphocystis is not as scary as it looks and isn't too big of a deal! Probably one of the better fish diseases, since it's self-limiting and rarely fatal.

Thanks for all the support throughout this thread - I'm pretty sure it helped my fish! :)