Play some music and dim the lights? (Copepod Love)

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Danhodl, Nov 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Danhodl

Danhodl Flamingo Tongue

So the girlfriend saw an awesome looking mandarin in houston last week and now we just simply much have one. thing is we have like 20 copepods in total haha

I just built the sump not more than a week ago and its chillen with some chaeto a friend choped off for me about 3 days ago. about the size of a large egg that was full of the little buggers. how long should it take for them to be all over the place will they even survive in such small numbers? its a 100 gallon tank 29 sump. i attached some pics too.

Sadly the LFS doesnt carry such things.....the nearest store next to that is 2+ hours away.. should i buy some of the little buddys

Thanks!
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

when i transfered from one tank to the other it took a month or 2 for them to reacumulate but now my tank crawls with them and amphipods when the lights go out its kinda creepy

4. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

You'll need to wait a couple of months at least.

5. Danhodl

Danhodl Flamingo Tongue

thats alot of love

6. vphan119

vphan119 Plankton

i got my pods the same way, i bought a sandwich bag size chaeto and i had no idea what pods were 0_o now my sump is packed...im ready for my mandarin! btw ive had my chaeto for like 6 months. they say keeping the lights off help. im a noob so advice i give isnt the greatest haha