Plate Coral Sick?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by EPIC LOKI, Jul 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. EPIC LOKI

EPIC LOKI Astrea Snail

I have a few questions about my long tent. plate coral. its full grown and expanding normally during the day but there is one part that wont infate it almost looks alike it wants to split itself...is this how the reproduce. and also in the same area it almost looks like it has little tiny white worms on it so im leaning towards the idea of it having a paracite...any imput would be great...

DON :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Can you take and post a picture?

4. EPIC LOKI

EPIC LOKI Astrea Snail

maybe i dont know there pretty small ill see if i can get anything to come out

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Is it near your Xenia and/or zoo polyps? If so your Heliofungia may be affected by toxins released by the other soft corals! They are fairly toxic(xenia and zoos).

6. EPIC LOKI

EPIC LOKI Astrea Snail

no hes not too close its a small 24 gal but they are on opposite sides and its been set up this way for about 5 months and no problem till now...im going to post a picture when i get off work later today so maybe that will help

7. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

The same kind of thing happened to my plate. It had white squiggle things on it....like worms. But they didn't really move or anything, are the "worm" things on yours moving?