Planning a Comeback

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Sharkie SA, Nov 4, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sharkie SA

Sharkie SA Plankton

Good day Out of good ole South Africa

Was an avid FW - Aquarist till moving into the Gauteng Area, where due to the mining activity we have numerous seismic activities daily and thus one good day after a good 6.2 shake i lost all my fish to a cracked tank and three colleagues to a underground rock fall.

I am now again in the planning stage, procuring the material and equipment too start up again once joining the pensioners parade next year. SW or FW ????????? WOW

2. Click Here!

3. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

What kind of FW tank did you have originally?

Welcome to 3reef btw :)

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. I am thinking by joining the pensioners parade, you mean retiring?

5. Sharkie SA

Sharkie SA Plankton

The setup I used to run was a 2ft LFS unit. kitted with 2 corner air driven submersible filters, plastic plants, LFS ornaments, 6-8 each Neon Tetras, Glass Tetras, Guppies and two Plecos to control the algae buildup. This is what I was limited to due to work routine, out before sunrise and home after sunset for a 11/14 day cycle.

Ye, I am contemplating going on early pension, after crawling around in the depths of the earth, just short of ole Lucifer's waiting place for some 32 years. this is an acceptable practice on the Gold mines, due to the high number of cases of silicosis infections experienced in the Mining Industry.

6. Jim Bonds

Jim Bonds Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Well welcome to the forum and good luck with your comeback!