pj cardinal has egg ball in his mouth

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by aussie_reef, Nov 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aussie_reef

aussie_reef Plankton

hi my pj cardinals have bred now for the 3rd time in 2 months but the first time he released his eggs i wasnt there and the other fish ate them.Then next time i tried to catch him and put him in the breeder box he spat them out early. i tried putting him in the box with the eggs but he didnt take them back and i think he ate them overnight.
    I have the 2 of them in a 48 x 24 x 24 inch tank with 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 yellow foxface, 1 marine catfish and 1 peppermint shrimp.
    If anyone can help tell me what i have to do with these eggs so i can get some fish out of this it would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. TritonsGarden

TritonsGarden 3reef Sponsor

Never raised PJs but for bangai, the easiest thing to do is get a long spine urchin and let nature take care of it. When daddy spits them out, the lucky survivors will find thier way to the urchin for protection.

A more active approach is to wait and let daddy carry them until they hatch. Let him take care of them as long as possible then catch him and put him in a breeder net.

Jack

4. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

We adopted three fish a couple of days ago and when we put in our two tomato clown fish there was an egg floating around in our water we did not think anything of it at first and then once we thought it might have been an egg it was no longer in there to be found we saw a couple of fish try to eat it and then they spit it out were not sure what fish ate it.