Piranhas

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by BMXCLAY, Jan 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tturbolife1

tturbolife1 Flamingo Tongue

red belly and gold belly are very dirty.Iv had both in the past, i always fed them live feeders and i always found dead bodies on the ground. i got them as babies the size of quarters in my 55 gallon and it was pretty packed in there once they grew to 3-4". if ur in NJ get freshwater barracudas there alot more fun then Red bellies and not that dirty

2. Click Here!

3. cyan0304

cyan0304 Flamingo Tongue

I've had piranhas in the past many many years ago and what I can tell you about them is that a 20 gallon did NOT work for them especially if you thought you could have a school of them while they were small. It turned out to be a really really bad experience and one that I will NOT do again! What ended up happening is they had to be fed all the time BUT if you gave them too many feeders at once they just killed them and left a huge mess of leftover body parts of feeder goldfish. If you put too little they would nip at their fins until there was no more fins and they would get to the flesh and that was all it took before it became a feeding frenzie. They started eating each other!! Hope this helps out at least a little!