Pink Goniopora

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Rhoads238, Sep 22, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Hey all,

Just wanted to show a picture of one of my more recent additions. A pink goniopora. I put it next to my blue one. i think they look nice together with their tentacles intermingling.

[​IMG]

Dont mind the cyano, I recently added a phosphate reactor to help deal with it. Its improving a little everyday.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Now see this is the reason I keep day dreaming about getting some Goniopora. Those are beautiful, especially right next to each other.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

7. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Thanks everyone! I was very excited about my new addition.

8. Click Here!

9. MickyB

MickyB Astrea Snail

Yes they are very nice, really add to the display, and the strange thing is that the coloured 1's seem to do better than the green type that most places sell, I've had pinky/mauve 1 for a year now which has slowly grown more heads, where the green 1 I bought @ the same time just faded away as everybodys seem too.
    And strangely enough I have a piece call a pink panther! and a Ultra Australian flame Goni coming tomorrow (dealer description not mine) and I hope they are as good as your 2.

10. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

mine haven't stood the test of time yet but so far so good. I just make sure to feed mine often. I notice that when i don't it doesn't fully extend. When it looks like that I feed it and it bounces right back. I think the species may be borderline non-photosynthetic.

11. guidedbyechoes

guidedbyechoes Spaghetti Worm

that magenta one is something else. SPS level coloration.

12. MickyB

MickyB Astrea Snail

You could well be correct on that, the 2 I'm buying are coming from a mail order supplier, they have various different colour morphs and with some the care instrutions state that they need feeding with Phyto.
    I've stayed away from those and I'm hoping they will do as good as the piece I already have and that came from the same place.
    I do have a green Alveoporo from the same dealer again, and I've had that for a year now with no problems.