Pictures of SPS

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by reefnut1, Jan 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnut1

reefnut1 Spaghetti Worm

I am starting to put together a picture reference list with a little info on each corals in the reef aquarium. I am only interested in SPS at this time.

I would appreciate your contribution to this list. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] the following information.

Pick a colony or 2 (or more) that you have;
    Send me a high resoloution picture of the colony and or the frag that started it.
    List the name of the colony if you know it.
    List a little info you have found on placement and lighting/good or bad if you want to.
    If I use your pictures or info on the coral in the list I will acknowledge your name in that section or I can list your 3reef name or not list any name at all. Please let me know which way you would like it.

This is a fairly long term project for me so send me something anytime.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

what is this list for? I've got a Pavona under pc's doing great..

4. reefnut1

reefnut1 Spaghetti Worm

I am attempting to put together a electronic or a small printed book to help people know what they are looking at when considering purchasing SPS corals. My idea is to get real life experiences and information on corals that people are raising not wild colonies. I hope to give a little information on growth rates, coloring, colony growth forms, etc. In todays pet stores you commonly see frags and very few of the potential buyers know what they are buying unless they ask the workers. Who knows if the workers know what they are talking about. I hope to help people to be able to better plan a reef tank instead of just by trial and error.