Pico pico pico!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by SwimsWithFish, Jan 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Ok yeah not oo heavy then. I would test the stand to hold 75-100lbs you might be ok with it. But maybe cut a piece of plywood or something as wide as the bottom of the tank and put it in between the tank and stand for cautionary purposes. At least I would :)

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Yeah I was thinking the same. I'll do that soon. As soon as I can get the light well start the build :D

4. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

why dont you just like set it on your desk or dresser? considering a gallon of water weights about 10-12 pounds it would need to hold over 75 pounds, i dont think that fragile little antique night stand can do that. also i would suggest not having it in such a cramped space. it will be a pain in the butt when you need to do maintenance on the tank like if you decide to add a sump or a fuge. or something like that it would be hard with all those tables closing around the tank like that. its also hard for people to even see inside the tank because remember we dont always keep these tanks just to ahve them, they need to look pleasing to the eye as well.

5. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yeah i just kinda threw it out there, i think the smallest variety needs a minimum of 15-20 gallons. you could probably pull it off for a while, but i still like the idea of the brackish with the crabs and maybe a bumblebee goby and a small puffer.

6. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Dude, if you're gonna do brackish, get a violet goby!

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

IMO a shallow softie/tidepool tank w/ mangroves sounds really cool!

8. Click Here!

9. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

That would be cool! I'm thinking of planting mangroves in my DT for more life variation.

10. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yes, mangroves can be very beneficial to a marine aquarium.

11. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

If I did a half land/water saltwater tank, what kind of animals would use both land and water?

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Nice looking tank, Mattias!

Primarily snails and crabs will inhabit both land and water. I think mangroves might be cool in the areas where the land/water meet up.