Picked these up in Portland this weekend

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Jay, Oct 5, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Went to The Seahorse FS in Portland Ore, If anyone has the chance to stop by here and see Woody he has a great selection and better prices. Very nice fair bussiness man.

Torch Coral and Pulsing Xenia
    The Xenia has really suffered the trip but looks to be making a comeback. The stock on the left is just starting to inflate a little...cross your fingers.

Jay

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Jay,

Can't comment on the prices :)

Love to hear about how the torch coral goes as I have never been able to keep that coral for any length of time. Every time I get a piece it dies :-( Not sure if it's just me or the coral :)

I'm sure the xenia will bounce back though :)

John

4. airbrnebkr

airbrnebkr Plankton

Xenias are really picky. Mine goes through phases where it will be shriveled up for no particular reason but it always comes back. I am in the portland area and am not familiar with the Seahorse FS. Where is it located? I would like to check it out.
    Thanks,
    Doug

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

He is on Lombard near Columbia. I-5 South from Vancouver- MLK exit-Right on columbia-Right on lombard-
    1 block down look for the blue seahorse sign. Its one of those that sit out on the sidewalk type signs. Hes just 1/2 block off Lombard....dont remember the street name but its 1 block from columbia. He is in the yellow pages.

Oh yea...I have a link to his page.
    http://www.seahorse-nw.com/

Real nice guy. He is in a wheel chair but has lots of people helping him. His name is woody. Tell him Jay from Moses Lake said hello when you go there. ;)

6. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Heres a updated pic of that Torch coral...looking much better.

Jay

Attached Files:

7. airbrnebkr

airbrnebkr Plankton

Coral looks good...Thanks for the info on Seahorse.
    Doug