Photo Contest Submissions

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by amcarrig, Jun 25, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Howdy folks! The crowd has spoken and what they say is "No Theme" for our upcoming photo contest so let's get snapping! I'm very excited about this contest and hope you all are too!!

Guidelines:

Please submit your photo to us at photocontest @ 3reef . com (take out the spaces) no later than Sunday, July 8, 2007. All images must be in .jpeg format and sized to 640X480. Also please include your 3Reef user name in your message.

Please submit only one photo. This will help for the voting poll. If you want to change a picture that you have submitted before the deadline, send a message plus the substitution picture to the address above.

No off topic photos will be accepted. Let's keep it aquarium related.

Altered photos will be disqualified. You can adjust the contrast if you like, but do not get sneaky. Since no alterations can be done to submitted photos, shooting and submitting pictures in RAW format is not necessary.

And lastly, no stock photography. This must be a photo taken by you of your tank, or your fish or coral.

On July 9, I will start a poll with all of the submitted photos and 3reef members will be able to vote for their favorite. All photo submissions will be anonymous so you won't know whose picture that you will be voting for.

Thanks everyone and let the games begin!!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

can it be a pic of someone else's fish that I took?

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Is there a size limit for the photo submitted?

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

You guys ask too many hard questions :) I will have someone who knows the jargon better to post size limitations and ask Matt about photos of other people's tanks.

Edit: Size limitations have been added to the original post. Thanks Jason!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Edited original post to ask that user names be included with photo submissions and that all photos be in jpeg format.

I've got an e-mail in my inbox that has a .pdf attachment Because I'm leery of opening unfamiliar e-mails, I ask that if somebody here sent me a picture a pdf format please let me know and please resend it to me in .jpeg format if possible.

Thanks everyone!

7. cuttingras

I took some great pics of this coy pond we happened across in Arizona a month ago :(

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Was that you that sent me the pdf?

10. cuttingras

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

OK, thanks. If nobody claims the .pdf file before the cutoff, it's going in the dumper :)

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Many thanks to Amcarrig and Jason for getting this going.
    I look forward to seeing some great photos!
    8)

FYI - I have a ton of Kent Marine and SeaChem supplements that I will throw in for the winner of this contest. Good luck everybody!

matt

1 person likes this.