Photo Contest Submissions!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 2, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Last Few Days For Photo Contest Submissions!

EDIT - Submissions are due soon - October 17th!

Do you have your pic in?
    :yaknow:

Just for kicks, how about a little photo contest?

Let's go with JohnO's 'composition and uniqueness' of the shot so it's not necessarily a quality of photo thing.

This contest is sponsored by BB's Live Phyto Blend, so the winner gets two 20oz bottles of phyto! Thank you BB's!

EDIT - ReefScience just threw in a $25 certificate too! 8) Thanks ReefScience!

So for the next 2 weeks, let's say until October 17th, 12pm Pacific time, you may play with your cameras and come up with a good shot of something in your tank or the whole thing. This should be fun! 8)

-------------

Guidelines:

1. Please upload photos to the gallery and display them on this thread by hitting reply and using this button above the message box --> [​IMG] I think that would be better than uploading them as attachments and will help fill the photo gallery a bit. ;) If your images are too big for the gallery, you can download this free photo resizer from Mr. Gates. If you are bad with computers and still can't figure this out, just email them here: [​IMG]
    2. Please submit just ONE photo. This will help for the voting poll. If you want to change your pic before the deadline, edit your post or send another email with the pic to the address above and let me know via PM.
    3. Obviously no off topic photos. Let's keep it aquarium related. :)
    4. Altered photos will be disqualified. You can adjust the contrast if you like, but do not get sneaky. I USE PHOTOSHOP FOR A LIVING.
    5. And lastly, no stock photography. This must be a photo taken by you of your tank, or your fish or coral.

---------

By October 22nd I will start a poll with all of the submitted photos and 3reef members will be able to vote for their favorite.

Good luck!

matt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

[​IMG] Well i guess ill be the first :), ill prolly get a different pic when i can (of both of them, they can be funny somtimes) i call this pic Bad time because he is looking at me like somone looks at somone else when they wanna be...well...u know "alone" lol...ok

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

[​IMG][/IMG]

I'm sorry to say that I lost both this fish and clam when I had to break down my tank to catch a nasty wrasse :(

5. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Looks good Bruce.. Loks like he was upset.
    Amcarrig that pic looks really vibrant what type of lights do you have set up? I only have Two 175W 10,000K Mh's. Looking to add to them soon.[​IMG]

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I have a Nikon film camera now after seeing the picks from the digital I think that will be my next investment ;) :thumbs_up ...... John

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I have a suggestion, How about listing the camera and lens used for each photo submitted !!! ......... John

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hokay! Nikon D50 (Camera) , AF MICRO NIKKOR 60mm 1:2:8 D (nikon macro lense)

10. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I can't compete with these there amazing photos!!!

Let's see more!! I'll put something up but I am waiting for Photoshop CS2 that I ordered LOL :)

J

11. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

HEY NO PHOTO SHOP :p lol...i say go al natural!

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

See :)

O well...if ur just kiddin...say JK! dont scare me like that again!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005