PharmrJohn's 90g Thread

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by PharmrJohn, Sep 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

The 90 ran me $279 plus the governor's cut. The store I got it from looked like a typhoon hit it. There was stuff everywhere. But they had EVERYTHING IN STOCK!!!! Wow. I was impressed. Great freshwater selection and a lowsy SW but that was OK. I got some RO water for 39 cents a gallon and cleaned them out (all of 25 gallons). Got some iodide for dips, some kalkwasser, some pods and other stuff.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I know it doesn't help at this point, but for future reference it would probably be a good idea to do some water changes a week or 2 before hand and use the water extracted for the other tanks. Takes out any chance there will still be junk in the water from extracting the live rock. Just a thought ;) keep us updated!

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

were they going out of business or something??? i actually could care less if a fish store had a dirt ground(literally) its the poeple inside and the selection that matter :)

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I know you've probably heard this before, but I would suggest getting your own RO/DI. I think air, water, ice has a good one for around $150 I believe... there have been horror stories about the quality of RO water from lfs's... that way you would know what you are getting!

6. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

OK, now I HAVE to put in my 2 pennys worth;D. I am very surprised you don't have an RO/DI Sparky!! Your such a smart cookie, why don't you already have one? Go for the TyphoonIII from AWI. I have one, as well as alot of us here on 3reef. I can't imagine not having one and I only have a 47 Gal. tank:kiss:!

Sue

7. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

OK OK I'm Soooooo Sorry Pharmrjohn:oops: I HATE that when it happens! I just finished reading a post from Sparky, and I got so excited about the RO/DI I did a bad thing, Sorry.

Sue

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Hey John I hope all is going well and can't wait to see it when your done. You said you bought some pods. Did you get them from the LFS or from piece of the reef?

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah. Next time. I did let the water settle overnight before doing anything. The fish were sooooo stressed. I felt a bit sorry for them.
    No, they are just slobs. Great prices. Interesting atmosphere. Incredible inventory.
    I know. I was desparate. I usually go north to Silverdale. I trust them. I had to go south this time. Took what I could get. My wife will kill me if I spend anymore money here in the near future. When I get my RO, I am going to rig it to come up through the floor and do an auto top off thing. I have to think it through, but I have a well positioned crawl space to work with.
    ;D
    I got them at the LFS. I am going to introduce them the night I set up the tank. Hopefully tomorrow.

11. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

Congrads on the upgrade!!

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well, it's almost midnight and I have a little time on my hands. I have some water/salt mixing and heating up to put in the tank, which is put up and pretty much ready freddie. I just need to throw together some plumbing for the sump/fuge and I can bring it online.

My goal tonight is to get it all put together water wise and get the fish in there in the morning before work. My Xenia is almost dead, but all else is cool. If I only lose one $10 frag in this whole weekend long deal, I will be happy.

So here are a few pics from Friday night and Saturday morning. The painting episode......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And because it was time consuming, I had to watch MST3000 while I painted.

[​IMG]

It turned out sooooooo good. It took 1&1/2 cans of Krylon flat black (dries in 10 minutes). I tried to get the Krylon Fusion Plastic but Walmart was out. This worked just fine for $2.97 a can. Fusion was $3.97 a can. I stressed about whether to use Satin or Flat black. It doesn't seem to matter. So far, without the lighting, it looks like gloss black. It does look good.