PH problems

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Mauireefer, Mar 30, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

sicne Ive moved Eli to the 180, my PH hasnt been stabalized, another reason I can see hes not eating...IVe been buffing it up, but it never stays within range...Anyone have any tips or ideas how I can get my ph up within desirable range??? I am running a 200gallon wet/dry, and skimmer, thats it..I have a UV but Im not using it right now, any suggestions please

Jared

2. Click Here!

3. RogerL

RogerL Fire Worm

i have heard that a teaspoon full of baking soda put into the filter will cause a slight temporary drop, followed by a rise to exactly 8.2. never tried it, but this is what i have read and been told. make sure its baking soda and not baking powder if you do try it. how long has it been since eli ate?

4. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Jared,

Can you start a Kalkwasser drip? That is my first thought when I hear about pH problems. Everytime I've had a tank with pH problems (usually a predator tank) I've run a Kalkwasser drip and it cleared up in a few days. Try it if you have the equipment.

Also, how much LR do you have in there? I know on predator tanks we tend to skimp on LR. Another way to solve pH problems is to add more LR.

HTH

5. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

thanks Wrassman, I will do that, I was at the hospital tonight actually and got all i need for a drip, I just need to go get the Kalk, also YOU ARE CORRECT, I DO need more LR, cant afford anyhting right now though... :'(..soon

Jared

6. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

oh sorry Roger, its been 13 weeks now..since he has eaten..

Jared

7. RogerL

RogerL Fire Worm

is he still healthy? are there anything like "fish vets" you could call?