petco

Discussion in 'RARS' started by jakeh24, Jun 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

well er just wanted to throw it out there in case any one was interested
    don't know how it will turn out but we will see
    The petco by best buy, and Barnes & noble bookstore
    I was there the other day and got some blue leg hermits. It was the same guy thats always there in the fish section (he's kind of a big guy) and he recognized me of course because i got my cycling damsels and my strawberry p. there. so we were talking while he was bagging the hermits and apparently the saltwater section at that petco is getting a renovation.
    he seemed really jazzed and was excited he was like yeah there will be some display tanks and all kinds of stuff.

Not sure how it will turn out but hey you know maybe petco will be a whole lot better?

he said it should be done and stocked and the best time to buy would be around August 1st.
    so i guess we will see. Any thoughts?

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Sounds awesome. I check in at Petco every once in awhile because they have amazing deals. I hope its going to be happening at all of them.

4. killareefer

killareefer Feather Duster

yeah the one by me is pretty cool.

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Do they have DT's already? If so pics?

6. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

irr0001...

please refrain from this as talk like this has caused many a thread to be closed and if you search petco you will see this.

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

My apologies..never happened!

8. Click Here!

9. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

This is the only part of this forum I dont like. I love this place, havent been here long, but I really like it here. I just dont see where the reason is behind banning opinions about Petco. People (myself included) value the honest opinion of others reporting good and bad LFSs, Petco included.

Anywho, I hope this works out, but am skeptical. Their tanks look rough, and even though they will be adding more stuff, unless they change their ways, the new stuff is going to end up just like the old stuff.

2 people like this.
  10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I will simply state that I chose to pay overnight shipping or to make the day trip to California despite there being the few options here locally.

11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

My two False Percs are from petco. The one I have gone to is amazing, and the person who was working knew a lot( i quizzed him over and over, you know by asking questions to see if they know the answer or make something up) and they had healthy fish from what I saw. Their DTs were awesome as well. we are limited to options here in the deep south.

12. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

It actually isnt just petco it is all places check the terms of service and you will see.

Basically what normally happens it turns into a ugly thread about this and that about said company and normally turns bad and quick...