Perfecto Glass Canopy Top Warning!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by schackmel, Aug 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Wanted to warn everyone about how I just broke my perfecto glass top.

I have only received one of the two lights that I ordered (Current Sunpod 2x150MH with T5 and lunar LEDS) for my 135 gallon tank. My tank has been up and running now for over a month. I was getting tired of only having half my tank lit so I decided to place my old Marineland T5 4 bulb fixture on the other side of my tank yesterday. (FYI my Sunpod is hanging from ceiling.) I made sure I placed the fixture on the last panel only where the MH light was not hitting.

Well I was working in my office tonight and heard a loud pop...so I went to see what happened. My third panel of glass where I had placed the Marineland fixture broke in half. The break was all the way through the glass and went from one end of the lid to the other. I guess the heat from this fixture was too much and caused it to break! In my old tank I had always placed the light on the top without any problems. Hopefully I have no glass slivers floating in my tank!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. anemonecrab

anemonecrab Flamingo Tongue

Wow, I will be sure to stay away from that brand!