Pecula Clown breathing heavy

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Midnight_Madman, Jul 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Sounds to me like an infection of some kind (Ich or Clown Fish Disease maybe?). I would get a QT tank ASAP and move him into it. Get us a good close up picture too, then we may be able to tell you exactly what is wrong, rather than guessing.

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

very good chance he got infected this way... did you stir up the sand bed much?
    ive had parasitic outbreaks before after rearranging rock and sand

4. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

Didnt stir the sand much at all actually. It was mostly the top layer. Maybe some moved around but not much.

5. Midnight_Madman

Here's a shot.
    The spots seem to be getting more apparent as the day goes on.

Attached Files:

6. Midnight_Madman

If this is ick, besides quarantine what else can I do for him? Will he definitely die or could its course and clear up?

He's now swimming vertical and keeps going to the surface and then down.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  7. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

mine lived, mine was a Rambo, well I named him Rambo, he was near death in one point. When I had any knowledge of the salt water tank, I bought a 12 gallon from a guy who was leaving the salt water hobby, and he had 1 tank, 3 damsel and 1 clown fish in there. I knew later I had to get all of them out, tank, 3 damsel sold it to LFS. Clown fish I kept it but his eye were really swallon and had white spots all over him, for like 2 days, and I didnt do anything about it, and 3 days later he started to swim again and eating again, and eventually became well, but he died during Blizzard disaster I had during thanks giving when I left to Vegas and heater died, I come back all coral is dead all fish are dead water is at 40 degrees for like a week, but suprised my cleaner shrimp lived. Anyway, theres a chance your clown might make it.

8. Click Here!

9. Midnight_Madman

When he goes near the powerheads he gets pulled easy towards them. Should I turn them off?

10. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Here's a link you need to read:

Ich:
    Marine Ich Diseases & Other Fish Parasites such as White Spot, Black Spot, Velvet and Clownfish Diseases, as well as other parasitic animals.

Treatment:
    How To Treat Ich Diseased Fish with Formalin

It may go away on it's own, but that's never happened for me. Twice I had this disease when I first got into SW. The 1st time everything died (didn't use a QT tank), the 2nd time I used a fresh water dip (caught it much earlier) and the quarantined clown lived. Knock on wood, I haven't had any diseases in about a decade.

11. Midnight_Madman

If I let this just ride, whats the chances of the other fish contracting whatever he has?
    Keep in mind. The water parameters are better then they were even this morning, (PH)

12. Midnight_Madman

He didn't make it through the night.