Pasty's JBJ28 Haddoni Biotope--New Video (7.4.2014)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Pastey, Jun 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

GPH can be deceiving depending on how dispersed the flow is. If the flow is small and jet like a low GPH can really blast things. A spread out flow can have a much higher GPH, but not have so much directional force.

The Vortech can be turned down, too. So it's better to have Vortechs that are too big rather than too small.

I think 2 mp10s is enough for a 40. I'm pretty sure I've seen that set up around a few times.

2. Click Here!

3. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I would imagine this owner already has some powerheads so I'll upgrade what is neccesary and leave alone what does the job well. No word back yet so this thing may have been sold already....it was listed last month.

4. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Most likely the set up has one or more PHs. The pic looks like it has a Koralia style PH in it. I use a couple Koralias in my tank. They produce a wide flow that's not too forceful and cost about $30.00 - $40.00 a piece.

5. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

No go....he sold it. He has a 55gal/stand/hood for $125 but lighting is not sufficient.

I emailed another about a 75gal. setup for $1k but im not entirely sure I want to go that large. That is more than double my original intented size.

6. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

A 75 is almost the same dimensions as a 55 except it's about 6 inches or so wider.

Chart Of Tank Sizes

7. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I figure I have to draw the line somwhere. Or that's what I'm trying to tell myself, at least.

8. Click Here!

9. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Not a bad idea. That's why I stuck with a 40. It's big enough without being overwhelming.

10. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I've got enough expensive hobbies as it is...racing cars and photography seem to pull at my wallet so I've been giving each a little rest. At least, long enough for the aquarium to get kick started.

11. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Joined a local forum (Redirecting...) and one of the members told me he was taking down and selling the JBJ 28gal. LED setup that he got his wife. 3 month old and comes with a stand....$400 and he's about 3 hours away. Anything I should be aware of that may need replacing or something I need to pay extra attention to? According to the owner, he says it is still up and running now but his intentions were to tear down this weekend.

12. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

I have a few hobbies, too. After the initial cost of the tank you don't need too much for regular maintenance so it's possible to juggle a few hobbies. What kind of cars do you race? I don't race, but I'm into cars. Most of my wallet goes towards a 1969 Nova :)