Parrots?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by gabbagabbawill, Sep 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

Ok, who are the other parrot owners out there? I'm talking about the flighted kind, not the swimmers.... ;D I remember seeing some parrot posts a while back, but wanted to see if I could get another thread started so we can share our birds...

I recently picked up a Sun Conure, and he has become one of the best pet's ever.... ;D Jello is very tame, loves to be held, petted and cuddles... he's not talking yet, but I am trying to teach him so maybe one day he will. Even if he doesn't, it's ok, he's an amazing and fun bird...

I did a huge amount of research online and read a book before I got him, and I wouldn't recommend a parrot to someone who didn't. They require a special amount of care (not unlike our reef tanks).

So, without further ado, Here is Jello:

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Here are my two goof balls. Bilbo (Severe Macaw) and Kai (Black Capped Caique) I've had both for about 4 years now and got them when they were babies.

[​IMG]

Baby Pic of Bilbo
    [​IMG]

Picture when they both were really young.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

Bilbo and Kai are both so awesome! How well do they get along? Thanks for sharing!

5. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

They actually get along very well. They each have their own cage but do have many play sessions a day together. They can get grumpy with one another every once in a while but I will usually just step in and separate them.