Parasites

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Guest, Sep 29, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gooser

Gooser Plankton

Well, I was determined to find out what exactly the parasites were so... I bought a magnifying glass... Turns out it's a bunch of different creatures... mostly marine tube worms athropods and some other crustacheon i'm still tryiong to identify... Anyway, yesterday I thought they were diminishing but later in the evening it appears they came back ten fold... My Tang, Chromis and Damsel have no interest in eating them... Any idea of what kind of fish would? Angel, Butterfly, Wrasse?

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

its hard to tell there are so many critters out there especially with out a pic or seeing them try these

heres amphipods n copods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also try this hitchiker faq

hitchiker faq

4. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Yea. I know what Goose is talking about. I had them in my tank the first week. Then they just pretty much vanished, never seen them again. But I'll tell you what, about 2 weeks after they disapearred I started seeing little critters that look like the pics Karlas put in of the amphipods, but they only come out at night, I gotta look for them with the red light, which they all run away from really fast. They are also always on the rock never in the sand. So I don't know if it's the same thing. I can't help but wonder if the tiny parasites we saw darting along the top of the tank were baby amphipods. Does anyone know what these look like?

5. Gooser

Gooser Plankton

Just when I thought they were gone... they came back ten fold... and I was able to identify them now! Pods and worms... There are so many of them they actually began to irritate my fish, so, I was kinda forced to purchase a mandarin and suprisingly he is doing very well, even eating frozen brine daily! Hopefully he can help control the pod population!