paramiters all out of wack! need help fast

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by vegasfish, Apr 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I'd stopthe home made stuff and get a good basic flake , You don't need to poulute the system more and feed a pinh 3 times a week . I have large fish and I'd cut a cube in half rinse it and not feed them the whole thing . They will start to look skimnny if they need more food . We have a convict tang that was rail skinny and I use him to figure what more needs food.. Fat fish are like fat dogs cats people not very healthy really . Rememeber they no longer have to swim miles and miles to eat a blade of algae .

2. Click Here!

3. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

well put tangster. feed less

4. coolridernum1

coolridernum1 Feather Duster

Bio balls

And if others are reading this, after messing around in your bioballs your tests will show higher levels of fish waste.

5. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Use eggcrate to raise the bioballs an inch or more above the bottom. That should help.

6. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Update:

My tank is fine. Yes I said it is fine. On the other hand my API nitrate test kit is bad! I took two samples of my water to two different stores and they both tested the nitrate at 0ppm. Normally I would be pissed that I spent two days of my time trying to fix something that was not broke but I was so relived. :) I will call API tomarrow and see if they will replace it for me.

Thanks to everyone who chimmed in on the matter and helped me. I did learn that I can feed my fish less food since they have not eat in 3 days.

7. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Bravo man! No problem. Always there to help out if I can.