par 38 options? Post your reviews!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Toallhisdoom, Oct 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

I just want a light to grow my lps and softies in a 12x12x12 haha and i want full spectrum.

2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Hmmm...I think my PAR 38's are 17 watt. I can grow SPS directly under them, but they could use more light. I got one of the bulbs from a guy who was going to use it on a 12 gallon softie tank, and it was too strong. I think 8 watts would be good enough for you, but it would help to find someone who is actually using one as such. If any of the 18 watters are dimmable, I would go with that, personally.

4. Toallhisdoom

yea for sure, sounds like the best bet.

5. Toallhisdoom

think the rapid led is the only dimmable one, with Dimmable via Triac ???

6. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

I would go with the rapid par 38 for sure, i dont know what it mean by dimmable with Triac. You should message them and ask to see what it is.

7. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

They draw about 12 watts, but are 12 3 watt LEDs driven at 650ma. They are not 1 watt LEDs, and are the same power as LEDtric par38 bulbs. The wattage was measured with a kilowatt meter.

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

when will they be back in stock?

10. dimpthepimp

dimpthepimp Bristle Worm

I've got three par 30 boosted bulbs with there clamps. They cover my 40 breeder but the back area is dark, but the front is covered in light plenty..wished they were dimmable.

11. bicyclebill

bicyclebill Plankton

How about OCReefs.com? I just ordered one of their Par 38 CREE bulbs with a gooseneck. I've got a 9g cube 12x12x14 with an Eheim 7W 6500K multichip LED that seems to be growing my softies, LPS, and montipora pretty easily, but it's not aesthetically pleasing. The OCReef bulbs are dimmable with a common dimmer switch from Home Depot. I'll post up picks and reviews later this week when I get it and then in a couple months after I see what it does.

12. Toallhisdoom