panted bass and cichlid tank yay

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by H20, Sep 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. H20

H20 Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. H20

H20 Plankton

I will let the bass go after he out grows my tank suprised he has not ate my cichlid yet as for now hes eating little 10 cent gupys

4. Nate

Nate Plankton

Don't release fish back into to the wild after they have been in captivity.Rehome it or put it down.

5. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

Or toss it back in the lake now since it has only been in the tank for such a few days and has not become accustomed to a life with easy food and no predation.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

+1 to these

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Around MD and PA, DNR raises certain species to release into the wild for the purpose of replenishing/maintaining populations in lakes and rivers, so I doubt it will lose it's natural instincts.

I will agree that releasing it once it has been kept with non-native species has the potential to spread invasive parasites or diseases for which native species have no immunity.

8. Click Here!

9. H20

H20 Plankton

alright well ill give him to my local fish store they have a big predator tank with peacock basses

10. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

You look to have a great start for a small cichlid tank. I like your aquascape that you have so far.

I have a 45 gallon cichlid tank as well and they are truly intelligent, interactive fish to own.

11. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

I don't think fish are like dogs or cats, if you release it, I'm sure it will be just fine. As long as it's native to wherever you let it go.. Like they said above, invasive species get to be big problems. I'd love to see an FTS though! It looks great. The bass is awesome, I'd love to have a few in a freshy tank.

12. H20

H20 Plankton

Yah i would let him go where i cought him i remember the exact spot he is native to northern california