Pale clown

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by klye31054, Sep 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. klye31054

klye31054 Plankton

hey guys,
    This is actually my first post on this forum. I have had my tank for about 5 months now with no issues once so ever. About a month and a half ago i added two mated true percula clowns to my tank. They had never fought always stuck together with no issues. I have recently within the last week put a green long tentacle anemone in the tank, they were in it within a day or two. Couple days later the male clown fish looks very pale, but with no signs of anything else really being wrong with him. I have seen the female go after him a little bit a couple of times could this be the problem? Im assuming the female is getting territorial of the anemone. So i guess my questions is how big of deal is this pale clown fish, do you think the new anemone started territory issues, and what i can do to solve the problem.
    Appreciate the help

2. Click Here!

3. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp

This is just a possibility and not a sure thing and i don't mean to worry you or anything but it is possible that your anemones are haveing a bit of a chemical wafare bout and this could be stressing your fish out. Again not a given but it is a possibility.How big is the tank they are in now? If the tank is not big enough to accomidate both anemones (and then some) that makes the likely hood of chemical warfare a lot greater IMO.