P.M. skimmer

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by david, Jul 29, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yman

yman Plankton

Sorry wrong acronym. Its a 90 degree MPT elbow insert .One end has male pipe threads and the other a hose barb insert it is gray in color. it cost about $1.00-2.00. You can acquire the item from LOWES, HOME DEPOT or any plumbing supply store that carries a good selection of PVC pipe fittings.
    I hope this clarify the confusion..

2. Click Here!

3. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Great news guys!! I just got off the phone with P.M. They e-mailed me their # and I found out thet you don't use the venturi adapter that comes with the pump at all! I ordered the part I need from them. It fits directly over the intake on the maxi-jet. Also you don't connect the maxi-jet with tubing at all it fits right into the hose barb it is drilled to fit the end of the pump. I don't know if the one I have is it or not yet, but they are sending me the right one just in case! ;D
    yeah! precision marine ;)

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

5. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Alright I got the skimmer parts today! They hooked up easily enough. Now I just need to play with it and figure out how to ajust everything but here is a pic of the way it is supposed to be set up the pump fits right into the fitting and the venturi piece goes right on the intake of the pump!

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

So it looks like a modified intake sreen? Does it have a hole or stud to mount the airline to? can you take a pic of it, a macro of it?

BTW- Hot Damn!! You got it working!! I waws just getting ready to send you the RIO from another skimmer.

7. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Sure Gresham later tonight I'm going to the hardware store to get some tubing (to hook onto the 90 deg. on the collection cup down to a gal. jug) When I do that I'll pull it off and take some shots of it with and without the airline attached so you can get a good idea of what it looks like! Hey did you get that $15 check yet? If you haven't rest assured it's on it's way.I sent it out a while ago. Also thanks again for the great skimmer [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ;D :D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Oh yeah and by the way since my last post the skimmer has already started to work well! There is already good dry foam coming from the top ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

That's exactly what the setup is on my Seaclone 100 and 150! Glad its working!

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Yah, got the check, thanks. My boss actually just showed it to me today, I don't know when it arrived.

11. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I took some shots of the intake strainer they came out real bad I tried to get too close sorry next time I'm doing matanance I'll pull it off and try again :D