overdosed

Discussion in 'Coral' started by wez, Nov 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wez

wez Astrea Snail

I messed up last night and I overdosed alk and its almost at 13.
    My duncans is not happy at all. I cant get fresh water as its evening time. Will corals be ok until tomorrow when I dilute.
    Should I just do regular water change?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I'd let it be. 13 isn't too high. Alk shifts are more stressful than higher alk., ime. I would let it come down slowly and naturally.

4. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I would just let it be as well...13 is high but not unreasonable. Your coral is probably more upset about the rapid change than about the 13...of that makes sense. Do a water change and try to SLOWLY Bring it back to where you want it to be. They say not to move alk by more than 1 point per day...so dont do a hughe water change and shock the system again by a rapid drop back down...if you can avoid it.

5. _alex_

_alex_ Feather Duster

I would leave it be. It will come down as your top off the tank if you don't dose anything to it. Just do your regular routine of water changes. And keep an eye in it. Maybe cut daily dosing in half till it falls back down to where you want it.

I have spiked mine up to 16 years ago and nothing died lol

-Alex-

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Yep, what they said ;-)

7. wez

wez Astrea Snail

Thanks guys. I do w.change every Sunday so I might just wsit and carry on as normal