Overdose!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Dubethenewb, Oct 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

yeah I was thinking about dosing some cal to get back up in a few days I have reef adv calcium say it raises ca and maintains mg and stronthium will that be good to use?

thanks for all the help guys I'm glad it all worked out for the better. good for maintenance my sump has never looked so clean lol!

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

IMO - Seachems reef advantage Calcium would be an ideal additive
    just dont add to much, under estimate and take 3 days is better than over reaching the target in 24 hours

Steve

4. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

that's what I have, seachem reef adv. just making sure it won't counter act with nothing else

5. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Do you test your mag??

6. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

well I was woken up last night by a fire in my house and walk into my office with the tank only to find it a lake. the tank separated and leaked out about 65 gallons of water in my house and poured on all my electrical outlets. when it rains it pours. just had to buy another tank. take off work and try and fix this problem now

7. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Man, that's horrible. Sorry to hear.

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

terrible news dubethenewb

very sorry to hear that, especially, when the tank seems to have gotten through what you percieved to be a disaster, only for a genuine disaster to occur, seems a very unfair ending to this situation to me

congrats on not throwing the towel in!

Steve

10. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

well after no sleep and working all day I finally got it back up and running with the new tank. water tests are good and fish and coral are accilimating right now. man that was probaly every aquarist nightmare and hope I never have to go through that again. I wanted to give up last night but I love the hobby to much to give up. the good news is I got a better tank and set up my rock scape better to my liking, and found my ricordia mushroom that was missing for a week lol

1 person likes this.
  11. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

OH MY MOTHER OF GOD!!! :eek::eek::eek: I feel so bad buddy. Everything ok?? As dumb as that sounds....

12. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

yeah everything is ok now finally it is alot of work when something like this happens and alot of works that has to be done quickly. any one know a good aclimation method for transferring the coral and fishs. right now they are in my qt tank and I have no baggies...