Overdose!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Dubethenewb, Oct 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

I wouldn't worry about the rocks and glass as much as the pumps and powerheads, and maybe the heater. I would do a quick soak in vinegar, like a 50/50 mix and run the pumps. The calcium precipitate will be around the motor shaft and between the magnets taking up clearance, which is not good.

2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

I also wish this board would warn that a recent post has been made. :angry:

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

barbianj what about using forum tools - drop down - subscribe to this forum
    then you will get an alert whenever a posts is placed on it

Steve

5. barbianj

No, I mean that as I was typing a post, you made a post, and I was not warned of your post. OT, though.

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I know what you mean now

but when your post contains such valid points, then irrespective of whats posted previously or who posted it - make those points please

Steve

7. barbianj

True. When I was a newb I made the mistake of raising the alkalinity too high on my FOWLR. The fish had no problem, but the equipment suffered from the Ca precipitation.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Keep in mind, just because you have a 90gal tank, does not mean you have 90gal of water. Anything in your tank for example LR will take the place of water. In that note, your piping holds water as well & people often forget but it. Hope for the best, but I can not stress enough. Keep things that you don't want to fall in the tank far away from it.

I have seen horror stories of fish food, open test kits, coffee, & even a plugged in drill falling into a tank. Turning a once wonderful system, into a headache of turmoil.

10. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

just cleaned the powerheads heater and filter pads n media bags. scubbed the class clean the skimmer cup. so should I take my return pump off and do the same. alone with the skimmer? I don't know what I could do about plumbing. man this is depressing. I feel like I crashed my tank. once I do my water change Tom and over the week I should prolly clean pumps again? there's alot of snow in my tank still an my poor rock scape is snow slopes now :-(

lesson learned. dose, not dump.

11. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Ah, don't beat up yourself up buddy.. It happens. I wouldn't worry about cleaning it so much right now. I would do at least a 20% water change to start. Once you do a water change, the rest will disolve. You should be fine..

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Dubethenewb, how are things progressing so far?

Did you manage to do a water change?