Our 110 gal....Thanks 3 Reef!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by mm2002, Feb 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mm2002

mm2002 Feather Duster

I know I don't post here much these days, but I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to all of you who were a great help in our success with this aquarium. It is exactly one year old this month, and I'll have to say that what we have now was well worth the wait! Nothing really exotic in there, and you can notice that I love star polyps! It has pretty much developed into a relatively maintenance free natural eco system. Still the same three Damsels that were left after cycling, but no other fish. I prune the macros about once a month, and do a 25 gal water change every 6 to 8 weeks, but that's it. I found that once I quit screwing with it so much, things just took off on their own. Thanks again 3 Reef, you guys rock!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Great work and tank. Thanks for the pics and stopping by. ;D

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Great looking tank. Yep its more about time and simplicity and just keeping your hands the hell out of one.. People try to fix the unbroken to often or if its not broken lets just complicate it a bit :) Keep us posted.. Now you are ready for some nicer stuff. A few tangs will control the algae..

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Looks great...

You are at the real take-off point now. You will be amazed at how fast things start growing and spreading.

[​IMG]
    (Karma to you - :) )​

Thanks much for sharing!

6. mm2002

mm2002 Feather Duster

Thanks! Actually, though, I really don't want any "nicer stuff". If I screw with it now, things will probably take a turn for the worse (just my luck LOL!)
    No Tangs for me, matter of fact, there are no plans for any more fish in this tank at all. Everything pretty much stays in check. No hair micro algae problems, and the caulerpa, well I just prune it every month or so.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Man tangs will help maintain the tank but that is your decision. I love having them in my tank, they earn their keep.

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Congrats and happy birthday to your tank. Isn't it great once you get the tank to where you want it and your hard earned dollar and work pays off!!!!
    The enjoyment, excitement, sense of accomplishment and investment is such a rush and places you on a adrenaline high in my opinion!
    Best of luck now and in the future with the tank...

10. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

wow, three damsels and 110 gal. to themselves! Awesome! I could never go the LFS knowing i had 110 gal. with only 3 fish and come out with nothing! Grats on self-control and being content with what you have!

11. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

That is a awesome tank. Beautiful...

12. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Dotti and yes, a Tang would be a great addition! A little bit of color(yellow):)