"OTM" articles????????

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by missionsix, Apr 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

“Of the month” articles/species profile friendly reminder.

Just wanted to take a quick moment and thank everyone for their monthly articles and earning contributor badges. And we look forward to seeing many more.
    Just a couple of simple guidelines that we would like you to follow:
    · Be sure and check through the appropriate forum for the particular species you wish to write about. If it has already been done, then, please select another species. FOTM, COTM, and, IOTM. ( Invert of the Month is currently being done as a sticky in the invert forum)
    · Photos that are used for the article must belong to you. Please do not copy/paste pictures from the internet and use them for your article. If you do not have a pic, one can be obtained. Please notify mod that you will need help acquiring a photo to use.

· Content of your article needs to be your own original work/writings. Please do not copy/paste articles; their content and use them for your own articles.
    · Articles should be written on species that you currently own and have some experience to share. Exceptions can be made for species that you have experience with in the past, or, species that you have a particular preference for.
    · “OTM” articles need to be submitted to a moderator via PM prior to posting for an overview and any editing needed.
    · If you are interested in writing an article for the article section of 3reef, then, you will need to do so through Matt Rogers.
    · Take a moment to read through a few of the existing articles and get the feel for how articles should be written. Including the preferred format for each respective category.

Minor adjustment to the voting if there are multiple articles for a category:
    Multiple submissions have been submitted to the supporter forum for a poll. The winner of the poll receives the honor of posting their article for “OTM”. They will now be voted on publicly on 3reef. “Runner up” articles will be submitted as a species profile.

With all that being said, I am accepting articles for next month via PM. Let me know if you are interested. It's a great way to help the community and earn a contributor badge and over 1,000 karma.

2. Click Here!

3. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Wow, 1,000 karma for an "OTM" article....???!
    Mission you are going crazy!!! :)

4. missionsix

lol!!! Not a promise, just a probability......

I'm accepting articles for the up-coming month. Earn a contributor badge and mega karma. If you are interested and have questions, feel free to shoot me a pm.

5. missionsix

Well Frag??????? Anyone else up for an article?

6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

i might be doing some I have things looking up but it maybe in a month or 2. work is killing me.

7. missionsix

Anyone feelin' like writing an article for fotm/iotm?

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I could do FOTM. By the end of the weekend OK?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

1 person likes this.
  10. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Lemme see what I can dig up for another IOTM/COTM.
    EDIT: Did my last IOTM ever get stickied? Just curious

11. missionsix

Yep, stuck.... Any takers on September's articles?

12. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

How long would u give me to do a FOTM? im interested!!