ORP probe stuck & O3 ran for 4+ days straight

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Otty, Nov 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Well the causalities has been bumped up to 4 fish now but one was a Bicolor Pseudochromis that was mean as heck so I am really only bummed about the the other 3. Done a 40g water change today and mixing up more water for another one in a week. I think that is only the 4th or 5th WC this tank has had. Just trying to get things back to normal.

Always lessens to be learned in saltwater.:-/

2. Click Here!

3. sessionthree

sessionthree Spaghetti Worm

I hope you've seen the last of the casualties and that you can get the tank back to normal soon!

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I am moving some probes around so that I can have two ORP probes so one will just be used as a backup. I'll keep the probes on intervals that always keeps a new probe in the system. Only bad things about running a huge O3 generator is it can cause havok.

5. sessionthree

sessionthree Spaghetti Worm

Good idea. I'll remember that idea when I get ready to start using ozone on down the road.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Big Ozones don't run all the time but can cause problem, small ozones run all the time to keep up with the demand of ORP. You pay either way .... :)

1 person likes this.
  7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow Otty, I saw the first post when you started the thread. Sounded as if it were somewhat under control. RTN'ing and 2 lost fish suck.

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Make that 4 fish.....must not of read all the post. ;D

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

i use red sea aquazone plus 200 with a pinpoint probe. a timer for power on/off would be a good safety factor for you and proper maintenance of the probe would also help. i have pinpoint probes that have been in operation for years with no problems.

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have added this to Outlooks calandar so it comes up in e-mail and gets displayed on my PDA/phone. What time frame do you use??? I set it up for 6 months.

12. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

every tank is different depending on how its set up, with mine having a Ca and CaOH2 reactor the probes are cleaned and calibrated every 2 months.