Order messed up now I have to wait?!

Discussion in 'Reefs2go' started by Tinkanator, Dec 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tinkanator

Tinkanator Plankton

So I place an order over a week ago, and request (and pay a premium for) Saturday delivery. All week I receive daily calls saying my order will ship this past Friday, so I think "wow, great service". Friday comes and no tracking info.... Odd. I wait around all day Saturday for an order that never arrived (or shipped so I've since learned). Their excuse was that a single frag was out of stock.... Funny buddy of mine ordered at the same time and received his order on time, but without the out of stock frag. For some reason my order is held for this reason. I call (after 10 tries) and politely ask for a status update and am informed of the above. Then I'm told they won't ship my order today (which is my last option due to a crazy work schedule due to the holiday break) because they're full. I ask if they could please fit me in because this is my shot, and it was their screw up. The response... I'm not making any promises... *** kind of answer is that? You screwed up, and I'm willing to be understanding and cool, but you're not willing to make it right by fitting my week old order in with this batch? C'mon guys, that's not good customer service at all. I'm going to try an speak with an "account manager", so I'll hold off on judgement. I would really love to report back this afternoon that all was resolved, and you've got a loyal customer or your hands.

Time will tell, I'll update after the call.

Order 2013-12-76540

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

4. Tinkanator

Tinkanator Plankton

The issue was resolved to my complete satisfaction, with a few bumps along the way.

Here is the skinny on how the situation played out. I never received my callback, so I went ahead and called them (only took 3 tries this time). I spoke with one of their CS reps, and fully explained the issue. After a bit of back and forth, and being placed on hold (never for an obscene amount of time) I was told that there was no way my order could be shipped Monday for a Tuesday Christmas Eve delivery. I explained that due to my work schedule, I would not be available to receive the package for a couple more weeks (playing catch up due to the holidays). Still they wouldn't budge. I then asked the procedure to cancel my order, and was told an account rep would have to contact me in 3-4 business days if that's how I wished to proceed. I tried one more time to get them to help me by shipping the package out Monday, but was told this time that they'd have to ask the mgr and call me back.

I waited for the call back and never received one, so I called back again. I asked for the same CS rep, and oddly had to jog her memory as to who I was and why I was calling (only an hour had passed), so I wasn't confident anyone was asked at all. As you can all guess, I was told "no" once again concerning my request. I told them fine, please ship my order on Friday and I'd find someone to be available to receive it. At this point I was not very pleased at all.

Things took a turn for the better unexpectedly around 6PM that evening though. I received a surprise email from a CS rep that I hadn't spoken to explaining that upon review of their past Friday shipments, the saw that my order never made it out. They apologized and informed me that the package was going out that evening (Monday) and I would receive it Tuesday. I then got an email containing my tracking info. I now felt MUCH better about the situation. I even received a follow up message from Christina on Christmas Day to double check that I had received my package on time, and in good shape.

^ That was the customer service I had hoped for all along.

At this point the only issue I have left is getting the refund for my Saturday delivery fee, and it will be considered a full and complete success in my book.

From this experience it appears to me that their general CS team seems to be the weak link, and if their last email holds true they should be well on their way to resolving this. I hope very much that it works out that way.

I would say that as it stands I would be just fine using them again in the future.

Thank you to everyone for their show of support, its always nice to know that the community is there to help you vent and have your back.

5. oldfishkeeper

good news! so glad you were able to get taken care of!

6. zackscott20

zackscott20 Fire Shrimp

Good! Sooooo.. what corals did you get?;D

7. Bruce PSL FL

Bruce PSL FL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

think you went easy on them, I would have asked for a full refund on shipping for your incoinvinence

8. Click Here!

9. ericdaman

ericdaman Plankton

I'm glad that they were able to help you. I am in the middle of this ridiculous mess with them and have received two different calls regarding shipping but no tracking info yet. Now their site tells me I'll receive it on Monday the 6th of January when the order was originally scheduled for December 7th. I guess I should get on the phone and stop being so nice.. :eek:

10. oldfishkeeper

wow, that seems a bit ridiculous.

11. Tinkanator

Tinkanator Plankton

My advice is to call them.... repeatedly.

Perhaps try to talk to Becky or Christina, they're the ones who came through for me. That amount of delay is outrageous. I'm sorry to say this, but as a warning.... they will flat out lie to you to cover themselves (first tier CS anyway). I caught them in 2 lies within the span of a single phone call.

Keep at it, and don't hope for email support to come through for you. YOU MUST CALL

12. hart24601

hart24601 Flamingo Tongue

Goodness that is a lot of drama and work. Forget that, there are plenty of other vendors out there that have great support.