Orange Tubeastrea Coral

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by johnett, Sep 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnett

johnett Astrea Snail

So I bought one as hubby and I fell in love with it. The fish place where we got it said they are a filter feeder place upside down in a cave with lots of flow. It has come out some not alot as I just got it a couple days ago. But I have been search some on the web and what I have found says to target feed shrimp. So I got my coral feeder thingy and tried but my sailfin tang just kept picking it off. I even tried to throw some formula 2 in there a cube to distract it but no such luck.

Can someone shed some light for me what I need to do to take care of it and if I need to target feed

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

ive never heard of them needing to be upside down, but maybe you can cut the top off a 2 liter soda or something similar and place that on top and just squirt some in that way, you need to put something over it to protect it from your hungry tang ;D

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I would place it somewhere that you can target feed it. If you do not take the time and feed them, it will die.

A friend of mine gets them to grow like made by placing a Tupperware container over the coral. The container has a hole in the top and she squirts brine shrimp in the hole. After about 15 minutes she removed the container. She gets amazing growth

J

5. johnett

johnett Astrea Snail

thanks so much I tried the tupperware and feed it and now it is all open and oh so pretty

6. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Glad you got it fed! PICS!!!

Gin

7. johnett

johnett Astrea Snail

here is my new baby as it will be like a baby feeding LOL it has been open all day;D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

That is a beautiful coral, congrats, and thanks for sharing!

10. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

very nice lookin piece, just sold mine recently cause I was too lazy to feed, but they are nice to look at, if you feed it around the same time everyday, they will start to come out at around that time, even with the lights on. I fed mine about 7pm an hour before lights out and after about a week it would just open up around 6:30 or so and wait! very neat.

11. johnett

johnett Astrea Snail

;Dthanks everyone I really love it

Tarheel I will try to do that same time everyday it has been open all day. I was thinking when I read you have t ospot feed every section I was like oh no what did I get myself into and was worried it would die but I am gonna try 150% to keep it alive