Orange Monti looks terrible

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Midnight_Madman, May 7, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

I don't know what is happening, but it doesnt look good. Everything else in the tank hasnt changed.

The only thing I changed in the tank was about 3 weeks ago. I turned off my Regular 48" florescent 10,000k and Actanic bulbs. I didnt think they were needed.

I have dual 175 coralvue bulbs that have a nice blue hue, similar to 14k. I just turned the florescents back on hoping that was the problem.

The only other thing I changed was about a week ago I opened all my curtains to let in some natural light.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

ok well first off, natural sun = algae...and thats it...the problem with natural sunlight is that in nature there is water in between the corals and the surface with a tank it is 2 shalow it just makes algae...for the monti, is it new? most likley the mhs just burned it good...montis dont need as much light as acros and if u didnt acclimate it...it can bleach and die...if its not new...it can be alot of diff things...did anything change in ur tank spec wise? ph temp etc?