ORA Blue Maxima Clam

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Diver_1298, Feb 1, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

I finally purchased my first clam. It is a nice looking ORA Blue T. Maxima clam. I actually did some research before purchasing and have it in my main tank about halfway up under the 20k metal halide. It is about 2 1/2" long and I was wondering what you thought was the best Phyto out there in the market for feeding this guy until it is large enough to to survive mostly on lighting? Thanks for any replies. :tongue4:

Jim

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

We make our own but there are only two "reputable" makers of phyto and they are DTs and Reef Nutrition.

1 person likes this.
  4. Diver_1298

Thanks, I was on the DT's site and was confused by the open air discussion of their product vs reef nutrition.
    I guess I have enough stuff going on without trying to grow my own Phyto also ;D

Jim

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Lemme guess....they said that their phyto was better than Reef Nutrition's phyto, right? :D

6. Diver_1298

:thumbs_up You guessed it. That and along with the alcohol content, I was really wondering what to do :eek:

J

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Follow your heart :lol:

I can't recommend which to use because like I mentioned earlier, I like my homemade stuff better than the commercial stuff

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I don't have any experience with DT, but I was impressed with Reef Nutrition. Things really seems to wake up with that stuff.

1 person likes this.