Urgent Open wound

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ant, Mar 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ant

Ant Flamingo Tongue

So dismourning my butterfly wasnt eating, and ate little last night. and when i get home from work today i notice it has a open wond on its underside, and alittel on the side. Check all my Perams. Ammonia 0 Nitrate 0 Nitrite 0 Salt is 1.023 i havent noticed any rubbing or anything. Only thing thats in the tank is butterfly and 2 Chromis. What can i do?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Treat with Melafix possibly in a QT tank.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Feed a little more often with a quality food. I don't know a lot about freshwater fish so I don't know if there are freshwater vitamins. For saltwater fish I would say soak the food in vitamins and HUFA's.

If the wound is deep, this product is amazing. biobandage - Google Search

5. Ant

Ant Flamingo Tongue

Ok i have sum of that. Notices lack of activity and sorta heacy breathing, rest of body and kills looks normal no spots and gills are not red. Maybe just rubbed on a price of rock wrong?

6. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

how long have you had the fish?

hope it'll be ok. and if it wasnt a rock perhaps a crustacean attacked it? emerald crab attack? (my emerald will attack a fish if it pecks at it)

7. Ant

Ant Flamingo Tongue

this is its 3rd day in tank, i dont have any crabs that i know of and just base rock with 3 very small peices of live rock.... I havemt seen it eat much withing the past day and activity was lowered, i dont have any crabs or crusty's at all. why im worried its a infection or something. when i can home from luch about 5 hours ago it wasnt there, now its there when i get home its the size of a pinky nail

8. Click Here!

9. Ant

Ant Flamingo Tongue

[​IMG]

Any help? phone pic is bad but

10. Ant

Ant Flamingo Tongue